Updated: Sep 15, 2021
KEEPING WORKERS HYDRATED IS FUNDAMENTAL TO HELPING PREVENT INJURIES
How does dehydration affect worker performance?
• Motor speed and attention start to decline after losing just 2% of body weight from sweating
• Physically they may experience dizziness, headaches, irritability, and muscle cramps, and in extreme cases, heat exhaustion or heat stroke
How can a beverage help keep workers safe?
• Not all beverages have ingredients to encourage the re-hydration process
• A sports drink, like Gatorade ®, can help replace body fluid lost through sweat to help prevent dehydration, and refuel working muscles
Why does Gatorade® make sense for workers?
• Workers in hot environments are at risk for dehydration and heat illness. Consuming a sports drink such as Gatorade® will both help workers stay hydrated and provide energy
• Gatorade® contains multiple types of carbohydrates which provide energy and promote fast water absorption to enhance re-hydration.